If you are a chapter leader, you can streamline your work by taking advantage of detailed resources designed just for you. You can start with the Chapter Guide, which is the NCCS “encyclopedia” for chapter leaders, or focus on the toolkits and other documents available for the various types of chapter officers. Either way, we encourage those who are installed as chapter officers to review these materials at the beginning of their terms, and for those interested in potentially serving as a chapter officer to investigate these resources in advance. For chapter leaders with responsibilities for programs, marketing & communications, fundraising and spirituality, there is a separate resource page for each of these topics.
NCCS Chapter Guide (Available January, 2018)
This is your complete guide for educating your leaders and members and will help you run an effective chapter so you can more effectively serve more children. You will find helpful information on NCCS’ relationship with its chapters, chapter roles and responsibilities, policies & procedures, program and membership and much more in the NCCS Chapter Guide.
Chapter Leadership Resources:
President’s Toolkit – click on desired information
- Chapter President’s Checklist
- Chapter Requirement’s Checklist
- Chapter Board of Directors Information Form
- Chapter Strategic Planning Checklist
- Sample Contents for Board Handbook
- Sample Officer Installation Ceremony
- Sample New Member Installation Ceremony
- Sample Gift Acceptance Policy
- Sample Whistleblower Policy and Form
- Sample Conflict of Interest Policy and Form
Treasurer’s Toolkit – click on desired information
- Chapter Treasurer’s Checklist
- Chapter Treasurer’s Task Schedule
- Sample Quarterly Treasurer’s Report Budget vs. Actual
- IRS Publication 4221pc
Secretary’s Toolkit – click on desired information
Total Board Leadership Package – This is a zip file containing all of the files so you can extract them as needed and have on your local computer. Chapter Guide with All Toolkits – click here.